Recent and continual changes to HUD’s Home Equity Conversion Mortgage have improved its viability as an option for seniors to increase retirement funding.
In addition, the changes to the HUD program have motivated lenders to create non-government, fixed rate, low-cost HECM programs with larger loan amounts for higher value homes (loan amounts up to $4,000,000.00).
- Eliminate mortgage payment(s) to increase cash flow;
- Replace income to delay drawing Social Security;
- Supplement low or moderate Social Security income;
- Standby reserves for occasional or unforeseen expenses;
- Funding Long-Term Care premiums;
- Available for trusts, incapacitated (conservatorships), and agents under power of attorneys.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what others are saying:
FPA | A Risk Management Tool for Retirement Distributions
Investment News | Financial advisers should avoid error by omission and consider reverse mortgages